A Few Words About Dubai Holdings
Dubai Holding is an investment company owned by the government of UAE that p[erates across the globe.
Dubai Holdings has extensive and diversified investments in services like real estate, business parks, telecom as well as hospitality, media, healthcare and financial services.
The ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the majority stakeholder while the Chief Operating Officer is Fadel Al Ali. Ahmad Bin Byat is the CEO and Mohammed Al Gergawi is the Executive Chairman.
As of 2012, it had revenues that amounted to no fewer than 9.2 billion AED. Established in October 2004, it is headquartered in Emirates Towers in Dubai
Dubai Holdings and Its Business OperationsDubai Holding has subsidiaries across business groups, the most prominent among them being:
- The DHCOG, Dubai Holding Commercial Operations Group- A management and development firm that looks after business in real estate, telecom, business parks and the hospitality sector.
- The Jumeriah Group which owns and looks after an extensive portfolio of luxury resorts and hotels.
- DPG or Dubai Properties Group which is into the community development and real estate sectors. It further extends its portfolio with:
- Business Bay
- Jumeirah Beach Residence.
- The TECOM Investments firm, which is into the operations and development of onshore business parks as well as free trade zones such as the:
- Dubai Media City
- Dubai Healthcare City
- Dubai Internet City
- Dubai Knowledge Village
- Dubai Studio City
- Dubai Design District
- Dubai Industrial City and
- The Dubai Outsource Zone, which is basically an economic zone for outsourcing companies in Dubai.
TECOM has further investments in firms such as:
- eHosting Datafort- A company that provides internet hosting as well as IT security for the various companies that are based in Dubai.
- The AMG or Arab Media Group
- Nexgen Advisory Group
- Global Village
- EMPOWER or the Emirates Central Cooling Systems Corporation, a district cooling company
- The EMS or Energy Management Services
- The Emirates International Telecommunications through which Dubai Holdings has a stake in Telecommunications. It has further stakes in firms such as
- Axiom Telecom
- The DHIG or Dubai Holding Investments Group overlooks the financial assets of Dubai Holdings through enterprises such as the Dubai International Capital or DIC and the Dubai Group.